The National Trust, Aberaeron, Ceredigion SA48 8DG Wales UK Website
Llanerchaeron is a rare survivor of a Welsh gentry estate. Set in the beautiful Dyffryn Aeron, the estate survived virtually unaltered into the 20th century and was bequeathed to the National Trust by J P Ponsonby Lewes in 1989. The house was designed by John Nash in 1794–96 and is the most complete example of his early work. Llanerchaeron was a self-sufficient estate – evident in the dairy, laundry, brewery and salting house of the service courtyard, as well as the Home Farm buildings, from the stables to the threshing barns. The stable-yard flooring made of pitched stone for easy draining, was covered in grass and moss and recently restored. Today it is a working organic farm and the two restored walled gardens also produce home-grown fruit, vegetables and herbs. There are extensive walks around the estate and parkland.
Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.
/membersite.asp, line 569